Tuesday, 12 February 2013
How does media affect your preception of reality.
The media is very influential. To me, although I am able to keep my head clear and my wits about me in relation to what is real and what isn't, I can still get lost from a matter of minutes to a couple of hours. It certainly depends on what I am tuning into. For example, I can get lost in a gardening magazine dreaming about all the great ideas for my garden this spring. Although, I have no intetion of brick walkways, fountains or fish ponds with waterfalls, I get consumed with dreaming and the potential "what ifs." When is comes to tv, I am less apt to get involved, however, during an episode of Friends its really hard not to imagine having a body like Jennifer Anniston and living in a great apartment with my best friends across the hall. Back to reality.....its Shrove Tuesday and I have yet to figure out what I am serving my family along with the traditional pancakes with money in them. I guess I'd better round up some coins for supper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I understand what you mean by getting lost in what you are reading or watching. Often when I read a book it is as there is the movie playing in my mind.
ReplyDeleteOh Mrs. Smith! You should always read the book first! Its so much better!
ReplyDeleteWe are on the exact same page when it comes to wishful thinking and "what ifs", but hey, at times I'd rather be completely immersed in the happiness i get from dreaming than being overwhelmed by reality!
ReplyDeleteWithout dreaming life would be no fun. If you have everything then dreaming would be non existent in your life. Thank goodness I can keep dreaming!
Deletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g
ReplyDeleteYou better Rick Roll yourself to your blogger and start blogging if you want to pass this course!!! hmmmpph.
Deletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g
ReplyDelete